Monday, January 16, 2012

A Poem: You Can Tame a Tiger

Once I had a dream,
I was walking by a field,
Everybody screamed and scrambled,
When a tiger toddled in,
Some ran to grab their weapons,
Some got ready to shoot and kill,
But I remained where I was standing,
Amazed by the beautiful predator,
Approaching still.

“Would you let me touch you?”
“I mean you no harm,”
“You won’t hurt me, would you?”
“You will listen to your Master's command.”

My eyes sent him the message,
I meant what I said,
He lifted his paw as if to greet me,
As I gently stroked his head,
He lowered his body to reach me,
Rubbed his face as if to kiss me,
And I climbed onto his back,
We rode across the people,
Staring at us wide-eyed,
How a girl could tame a tiger,
Become his friend instead.

I woke up with an unexplainable feeling,
What the beautiful scene!
Could there be a deeper message,
What does it really mean?

If you can overcome fear and face the predator,
You surely are as brave as a warrior.
If you can withhold your fist & avoid a fight,
It means you know how to handle power.

If you can admit mistakes and say sorry,
Your humility will definately bring you glory.
If you can forgive even before they apologize,
It means your heart is way bigger than your size.

If you can be quiet when your soul’s ablaze,
You certainly have admirable grace.
If you can speak with kindness against feelings of hate,
You’re a man who can use both your heart & head.

If you can love your enemy,
And the ones who could hurt you,
Can become closer than a brother,
Even if you can't capture an entire city,
But you can control your temper,
Then, my friend,
You can tame a tiger.

-JJ-

Proverbs 16:32 (The Bible)
Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

No comments:

Post a Comment