Monday, December 26, 2011

The Gift

What is your first thought when someone makes a mistake? Do you think of all the bad things about them? Do you judge them according to all your past experiences, and people’s characters you have seen in your life?

Or are you able to see the person as a unique individual, with different needs? Are you able to identify that need, and do the right thing to help the person?

Most of the problems we face in daily life, stems from one reason – SELFISHNESS. We can become very selfish at times. When we feel down, we tend to think of how people hurt ME in the past. Then, we’ll think, “How can they treat ME like this? All this time, they are looking down on me."

We will EXPECT them to treat US the RIGTH WAY.

The problem is, the other people also operate on a very SELFISH level. They will think, ‘’What did I do now? I think this person is finding fault with me."

One of the biggest problem with us as humans – we always think of the WORST, as our first reaction!

Why can’t we think, “I forgive him, for the way he hurt me in the past. I won’t hold it in my heart.”
Why can’t we think, “I may have made a mistake in the past. No harm for me to apologize now. I don’t think she has bad intentions. I don’t need to get upset.”

Why won’t we think, “It’s not about me. I want to make him /her happy.”

Well, you know what? This proves one thing – we are natural sinners. Our FIRST reaction is not LOVE. It’s SELF. That’s why we need Jesus in our life!

And it only shows one thing – there is only one JESUS in the whole world. He’s the ONLY one who can LOVE PERFECTLY. He’s the only one who will IMMEDIATELY say,“Come into my arms. I forgive you. I still love you” – when you make your biggest mistakes! There will NEVER be another person like Jesus, in the whole world!

When we are down at our lowest point, He will NEVER think the worst things. Even if we mess up, He will say, “You belong to me. I know you are better than this. Come to me, I’ll wipe away your tears. I’ll be gentle with you…try again, you can do it! I'm with you...”
Jesus thinks the BEST about US. He doesn’t judge us according to the world standards & humans.

Sometimes, we go about our daily life, expecting people to LOVE us like JESUS! But hey, wake up! That’s probably never going to happen! There’s only ONE Jesus!

You cannot expect people to LOVE you like JESUS. But you can learn to LOVE like Him!

As Christmas approaches, I am filled with gratitude towards God, who gave us the GREATEST GIFT of LOVE. He gave us JESUS CHRIST – the icon of PERFECT LOVE.

The greatest happiness we can have in our life is knowing we are LOVED by Him.

This is His Christmas gift to us.
-JJ-

No comments:

Post a Comment